Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rhetorical

First of all, I noticed the article was really long which made me not want to even read it. It just looked boring and dry and I felt like I had to force myself to read it.  It was not easy to follow. It seemed like he was talking about a lot of things at once. Everything was all mixed together which made it a little harder for me to understand. When I am reading something that is difficult to understand, I usually have to re read it a few times and sometimes not even finish the reading. After looking over it again I understood a little bit more about the meaning of rhetorical. He includes a lot of examples in this article which can be a good thing so we can understand his point more. I feel like he included too many examples that just made this article extremely long. His point in this reading was that there are many meanings to the word rhetorical. He started talking about the importance of rhetorical situations in writing. The only meaning I knew of rhetorical before reading this was a rhetorical question which is a question that you don’t have to answer. From this article I learned that rhetorical situations have three main points. Those are exigencies, audience, and constraints. When you are writing it is good to include these. Audience is how you appear to people in your writing. Exigencies are imperfections marked by urgency. Constraints can be brought to bear upon the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment