Sunday, October 14, 2012

Music Video Analysis

The video I chose was “Your Side of the Bed” by Trey Songz. I heard the song before I saw the music video. When I heard the song I assumed it was about his girlfriend or wife leaving him or walked out on him and he didn’t know if she was coming back or leaving him for good. The title of the song your side of the bed is saying that when she is not there at night, her side of the bed is very lonely and he can’t sleep when she is not laying there with him. When I watched the video I realized that I was wrong. The video is very emotional. His wife in this video is a soldier in the United States Army. When she has orders to be deployed and has to go overseas for the war, both of them are very upset. He is saying that when she is not there on her side of the bed he is lonely and can’t sleep because he stays up worrying about her and he misses her. In the song he says he doesn’t know if she is gone for good or returning in the morning. By just listening to the song I thought he meant he doesn’t know if she was going to come back to him. When I watched the video he is saying that he doesn’t know if she will return home from war or be gone for good. This video is emotional because it shows her in Iraq and them communicating over webcam with their baby girl. Then it shows her at war. The next scene it shows soldiers coming to his house with the American Flag to tell him that she has died in the war. Then it shows him crying while holding their daughter. This video is very emotional and you can feel his emotions in this. I think the message in this whole video was to support our troops. They sacrifice their life to fight for our country. I can somewhat relate to this because my dad is in the Army. Some people may not realize how important they are and how families are really affected by this and how much they worry every time they have to leave for deployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment