Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Video Games

I never thought of video games as being art. But now that I think about it I guess you can put it under the category of art. The images, characters, shapes and the actions going on can be described as art. I use to play video games like Mario Kart and Grand Theft Auto. These games did have forms of art.
I never thought of video games having a storyline either. I always saw them as something to do for entertainment and for fun. Nothing you really have to do hard thinking about. It’s just something that people do to relax.
Thinking back on games that I have played, some of them didn’t actually have a storyline. I played games like Mario Kart a lot, Grand Theft Auto, and Mortal Kombat. They were just racing, killing and fighting. There wasn’t a story to these games. Just to play for the fun of it.
There are other games that told stories. Learning games that I would play when I was younger. I think they did tell better stories then literature because it is easier to remember and understand. Some things that you may learn from a book may be boring and may find yourself less interested in it. In the game it may be easier to understand.
Depending on the game I do think that video games can tell stories better than literature. But in other games there are no storylines. All games do not have storylines but all games are considered art.

No comments:

Post a Comment